Wednesday, August 8, 2012

What I did on my first summer vacation....

So this will have to be fast since I have 1000 things to do before Ladybug Run on Sunday! It looks like we will definitely hit our goal of 200 adults and I am so excited for this event. Lots of last minute things to do, but I wanted to get this post written before I forgot everything I wanted to write.

We drove straight through 10 hours from Portland to Sonoma on Saturday. My coach wanted me too take it easy on my first run after a long drive, he says you are more likely to get injured. Since it was about 86 degrees around 3:00pm on Sunday during nap time when I was able to get away to run, I pretty much just walked 4 miles. Each time I attempted to run, my heart rate jacked up to the 180s, so I decided it was a good day for a fast walk.

Monday morning I went for a run first thing and it was magical. I loved running down the Bike path in Sonoma and through some vineyards and neighborhoods. It was so gorgeous!

 This is the bike/running path through some vineyards.


So beautiful!

My Tuesday run was a neighborhood run starting in Noe Valley where we were renting a townhouse. I ran about 5 miles and got in some nice hill work. 

 So fun exploring a city by foot.

 This was one serious hill.. I ended up walking since I could walk faster up this incline than I could run...

Love SF.

Wednesday we were planning on taking the bus to Golden Gate park and run in the park. But we ended up getting on the wrong bus and it took us over 90 minutes to get to the park. We wanted to take the girls to the Arts and Sciences Museum before nap time, so we ended up scrapping the run and heading straight to the Museum. But since our townhouse was only 4.5 miles from the park, and we didn't want to risk the bus again, we decided to run home - which only took 45 minutes and was a fun run through NoPa and some fun hilly streets. Jon and I took turns pushing the Double BOB up some serious hills. 

 Friday: my goodbye Noe Valley run....



 Very thankful for Mapmyrun. I used it a lot to determine which make some loops/rough guides to follow on my runs. Sometimes I would miss a turn, but other people's courses at least helped me figure out a good starting point. 

Saturday morning run started at Nob Hill, went down Powell and headed to Fisherman's Wharf, past the Marina, and through Fort Mason. Got a easy 5 miler in with of course, some hills. I wanted to run all the way to the Golden Gate bridge base and hit the hands - but time didn't allow for that long of a run.. next time!! I was pretty proud of myself for logging 26 miles while on vacation and I saw parts of the city I wouldn't have, had I left my running shoes at home...

Awesome views

My girls walking the streets of Nob Hill...

I did more than just run on this trip.... we took a boat tour of the Bay, went to Santa Cruz, and went to the wedding of some dear friends. It was a phenomenal trip and I am looking forward to one more vacation with the family to Hawaii before school starts!!

Jon and I at the wedding reception.



No comments:

Post a Comment