I have penned a bunch of blog posts in the last few weeks. Unfortunately, they have all been in my head. So here's a quick one to get me back in the swing of things... I hit a milestone last week. I crossed the threshold of one thousand twelve miles logged for 2012. That was one of my running goals for the year. Wahooo!!
So here's my 2012 Goals
1. I will run faster!! Beat 10K and Half PRs - CHECK
2. I will run a relay - Epic Relay..CHECK
3. I will run 4-5 days a week. CHECK - except for 2 breaks to heal.
4. I will run injury free- I will roll, strength train and stretch... um... working on it.. I admit it I got lazy on the last 3 which means I was not injury free this year.. but I continue to run - so that's good... I just started acupuncture and so far I am pretty optimistic that that will do to the trick to finally heal my long aching hamstring!
5. I will organize a race and raise money for CDH - Ladybug Run - CHECK!!
6. I will do a destination race.. Well Runaway Pumpkin was about an hour and a half away.. CHECK!
7. I will run a sub 1 hr 10K - CHECK 57:01
8. I will run a sub 28 min 5K - CHECK 27:33
9. I will run 1012 miles- CHECK!
10. Blog at least once a week.. Nope.
Feeling pretty proud of myself... and excited about next year. Because I have something to admit publicly. I have started saying it outloud.. so I think it's time to come clean. To put this goal out there into the universe.
In 2013 I will run my first Marathon. In June- the VancouverUSA Marathon.
There. I said it. I will post a longer 2013 goal list.. and another lengthy post on how I finally came around to this decision. But after saying Oh, I'll never.. or..'not yet' countless times. I just decided.. why not? Why not now? I am not making any huge crazy goals for that race. I'd like to finish under 5:00 hours. I just want to train for the marathon and see if I can do it. I think I can. My longest run this year was a 15 miler. That's over half way there.
I LOVE goals. I'm kinda wacky that way. I need things to drive towards. I love planning and being on a plan.
I'm giddy that I've finally blogged this! And girlfriends - you know who you are.. I am going to be counting on several of you to be running parts of that race with me!